D3Recount Beta 14.07.25

Hi!

It seems that I was a bit too quick on the trigger when releasing the previous version. As a result of this. The Current DPS you were seeing before would show you misleading current DPS values (read: way too high).

Changelog

– fixed a bug in the current DPS calculation (specifically the way I was trying to uniquely add up the damage numbers failed sometimes).

Download

Not updated for 2.1

39 Responses to “D3Recount Beta 14.07.25”

1. spacehorse

Hey there, thanks for your hard work. Sadly, it doesnt work for me. I have d3 running, I run recount and then the screen goes black. I see the white text for the dps numbers should be, but everything else on the screen is black. I meet all the requirements listed on the main page. Kinda lost of what to do next.

• azgul

You need to use an aero theme otherwise transparency is not enabled.

• spacehorse

Thanks much for the reply. Sadly, i was already using an Aero theme and have transparency enabled. Not sure whats going on here.

• azgul

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/127411-desktop-composition-enable-disable.html could you give this a shot? Make sure desktop composition is enabled.

• spacehorse

Was already enabled. Dang it.

• spacehorse

Reinstalled dx9 and its still not working. I can start recount on my other monitor and have it work that way, in its nontransparent glory, lol. Not at all preferred, but I do get to see my dps finally :D

• spacehorse

Really bugs me I cant get this to work right. I use two other D3 programs that use transparent overlay and theyve always worked fine. If theres anything else I can provide you, please let me know

• azgul

Could you try this version? [snip]

• spacehorse

Locale ID: 1033
            Additional Information 1: 0a9e
            Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
            Additional Information 3: 0a9e
            Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

• azgul

I messed up before, sorry! Forgot to embed new libraries into the .exe, so of course they couldn’t be found.

If this doesn’t work I’m not too sure. It works flawlessly for me on a more or less standard W8.1 install :/

• spacehorse

Oh I am using dual monitors with d3 running on the main monitor, could this be the problem?

2. A Person

Doesn’t show exploding palm exploding damage nor earthquake damage for me(?)

3. me

Tool is working for a while, then the overlay disappears. but the exe is still running.

4. nirv

Woah did I miss something? A month ago~ I was the first to report your meter stopped working and you said Blizzard stopped broadcasting damage and said it was over basically. What changed? What did I miss? I’m pretty excited now. I thought it was over!

• nirv

Well, the only drawback of course is I can’t see the dps of players in my group. That was the biggest benefit to this because I could see who was slacking and learn how others were doing so well. Maybe that’s the thing Blizzard removed.

• azgul

Started calculating it from the damage numbers that shows on screen instead of the numbers Blizzard sends over. Theoretically it’s possible to display the DPS of other users in your party who also uses it, but that’s going to take some major work.

5. Carnage

Its not working for me, ive done everything i could but i keep getting this error on the start:
    Problem signature:
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1040
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• azgul

On the top of my head I would guess you don’t have DirectX11 which I upgraded the 2.1 version to (before I used to use DirectX9).

• SomeoneUKnow

I have the exact same problem. I have all the requirements for the game to start, but no idea why it behaves like this. It used to work just fine before.

I have DirectX 11, Microsoft .NET 4.5, and all the other requirements to use it, but it simply crashes on execute to give me that error.

• Vayriah

Im getting the same as Someoneyouknow and some other folks
        ==================================
        Faulting application name: D3Recount.exe, version: 14.8.28.0, time stamp: 0x53fe769b
        Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17932, time stamp: 0x50327672
        Exception code: 0xe0434352
        Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
        Faulting process id: 0x1ef8
        Faulting application start time: 0x01cfca0e683fdb00
        Faulting application path: D:\D3Recount.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
        Report Id: a62efdc3-3601-11e4-93a5-94de8063662b
        ======================================================
        Application: D3Recount.exe
        Framework Version: v4.0.30319
        Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
        Exception Info: SharpDX.SharpDXException
        Stack:
        at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
        at SharpDX.Direct2D1.Factory.CreateDxgiSurfaceRenderTarget(SharpDX.DXGI.Surface, SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTargetProperties ByRef, SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget)
        at SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget..ctor(SharpDX.Direct2D1.Factory, SharpDX.DXGI.Surface, SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTargetProperties)
        at ..()

those 3 strange boxes at the end of () there looks like a Floating L and then 2 . .
        i had to redo my system and it was working fine previously but a fresh install
        and everything in it sould be working i have the latest Dx11 and 9’s installed
        i’ll be digging around more and post a fix if i find one before the Creator does.

• Vayriah

Well…. i found my Fix and its feels like a dumb one installing Internet Explorer 11 caused D3recount to work for me suddenly, did it by proccess of elimination, installing all of the .net’s then went thru a Thread about SharpDX, im Guessing the Creator of D3 is running perhaps Win 8/8.1 and Windows 8 has native operability for Direct3D11/Direct2D interop Windows 7 requires some kind of Trickery which you need to use DXGI shared surface, a Direct3D10 device partially covered in this thread http://sharpdx.org/forum/5-api-usage/164-d3d11-d2d1-direct3d-and-2d-interop

So out of bizzareness knowing Win8 runs ie11 i installed it as i was running v9 on this renewed install * dont care for ie much as a browser*, upon install and restarting i decided to run D3recount and it suddenly works. IE Installs some libraries in to the machine thats related to DX and managing the os, i wont go in to explanation visit a msdn forum for that. While this FIX worked for me it might not work for others. Hope it helps someone other then myself.

• azgul

Thank you for this. I will look into the possibilities of switching to Direct3D10 instead, to avoid pitfalls for Windows 7 users. But my time is rather limited these days :(

6. nick

Thanks for this, works perfectly for me on my wizard.

I have 1 problem though. When my friend uses it for his DH, the damage from his sentries isn’t counted at all, if he gets out 5 sentries and stands still then his DPS just stays at 0, since sentry damage is so important to DHs right now this is really a major problem :(

Do you have any ideas that might fix it? We made sure that every option is set properly etc. Thanks a lot!

• azgul

Hi!

If he has damage numbers enabled as it says under requirements I can’t think of anything. I’m playing M6 DH myself and it works fine. Although of course, it can only track damage (numbers) that are actually appearing on screen.

• nickers

Thanks so much for the reply. Everything is definitely enabled and works fine for him and his non-sentry pets, but if he puts a sentry down and stands next to it everything just stays at 0DPS.

It seems like such a strange problem, it actually worked for about 30 seconds after he turned off 2 of his 3 monitors (we were willing to try anything) but then stopped again. Oh well, it works perfectly on my wizard at least :)

7. Simon

hello i know wa while back there was a program that told me the dps from each group member is this somthing you could add to the program or is it allready there and im not seeing it :)?

• azgul

Hi Simon,

Blizzard removed the possibility of this before 2.1 came out. I’ve considered adding support for sharing dps between D3Recount users but I have not had the time to do so yet. It’s going to take a lot of work.

8. Phatty

Hey chief, do you have another way to communicate with you? This changelog is a bit dated. Maybe roll it into a big feedback page?

• azgul

Hi Phatty! As per the ‘About’-page you can send me an email at dev [at] azgul.com regarding anything D3Recount (or site) related. I’ve been busy in seasons as most other people so I’ve not spent too much time on D3Recount these days. I have a bugfixed version in store though which I am currently testing (doesn’t leak memory).

9. Slicer

Works like a charm on my Windows 7 desktop .. but not on the 8.1 laptop. Any instructions for Windows 8.1?

10. Matthew

Hi,

This doesn’t seem to work for me any more since I swapped to a 2560×1440 144Hz monitor. If I use my old 1920×1080 it works. When I run it there’s just a large black box (the numbers still appear – there’s just no transparency)

Is this a bug or is there just no support for higher resolutions? Thanks