D3Recount Beta 14.6.11

Hi!

D3Recount has been updated for patch 2.0.6.24641.

Changelog

– update for patch 2.0.6.24641

– battletag recognition used to fail sometimes resulting in incorrect readouts. I believe this has been fixed.

– fixed in 14.6.12: used to stop collecting data occassionally

46 Responses to “D3Recount Beta 14.6.11”

1. MyTrunks

DPS stops calculating many times through run and requires me to restart the app. Anyone else experiencing this?

• ExTiNcT

Same problem im having… :/

• nerdrage

Yes, same thing here. Always have to reset, multiple times a rift. Needs to have a checker whether or not one person is available, otherwise refresh with a limit obviously to avoid continuous loop.

• Raixor

yes, same problem

• azgul

Will look into this asap. Sorry for the inconvience!

• Raixor

I just want to say that you don’t have to be sorry about anything. Without you we wouldn’t even have a program like that at all. Just wanted to say that and a very big THANK YOU! Also for always responding asap.

• azgul

No problem! Could I get you to give me a status on the new version I uploaded?

• Raixor

as far as I can tell it works perfectly now (have only played in one group so far). reads out right names and keeps counting dps.

• azgul

I’m pretty sure that I managed to find and fix the bug now. My ISP decided to close down my internet yesterday so I’ve been connected on my phone all day and therefore a bit hesitant to test it out (I only play hardcore). I believe that I reproduced and realized what the cause was and that should be fixed. Download link has been updated.

2. SB

Nice counter, couple things that would be nice to have, maybe as options, is to set the window to be top most and set it to be transparent maybe 50% or allow selecting a range.

Would allow it to be displayed over the top in windowed full screen mode.

Thanks for the great program.

3. dancook

Is there a possible way to use this program and reduce the possibility of being caught? Is there a specific way to trick warden with it?

• azgul

Hi. There’s not much you can do. Rename exe is probably the only thing. But might be worth noting that no one thus far in the history of D3 has been banned for reading memory. Honestly they would and should rather target bots than harmless tools like this and the like.

• Dancook

Thanks for quick reply! Yeah I used it and it worked very well. I used to it find out whether my friend, a WD, was actually doing dps since it’s very difficult to tell how effective he might have actually have been.Good job!
        I also agree with you 100%.

4. TjeZz

Hi, great program, but do you know what i do wrong since the overlay dosnt work for me? :(

5. ano

Is this program needs internet access (like THud) or I dont need to set this in my firewall?

6. Ryan

is it reading jade DPS correctly?

• azgul

Turn on damage numbers.

To clarify, it reads what the servers sends the client. Damage numbers being turned off is known to affect how the server calculates your DPS for some reason.

7. MyTrunks

Program working great! Feature requests: Show your player name first in the party list, stop calculating avg dps when dead, when re-sizing window make everything in window re size as well. I can’t wait for your upcoming features as well :) Thanks again azgul!

• azgul

Glad to hear. If you start the program with ‘selfonly’ parameter it will only display yourself. I’m not planning on making weird sorting specifications since I find sorting after total damage done to be the correct behavior.

The dps is a rolling average so it will continue going towards zero when you are dead and stop at 0 when you are dead (I assume). Stop calculating dps when dead would be incorrect behavior because of this – your total damage would be lower than it in fact is.

As I will prioritize the overlay more than the current GUI, I doubt I’ll spend time on fixing resizing of current GUI.

• MyTrunks

When I die, the current dps stays at that dps until I revive. If I stay dead and my dps is 100m, the avg will continue to tick using that value. This a bug?

8. Wes

Is there a way to copy the information to the “clipboard”?

9. dps

Hey thank you for this tool. When can we expect the overlay feature? i want it so bad its like waiting for patch 2.10

10. tywe

Hi!
    Can’t launch your app, I got something like
    “The application couldn’t initiate correctly (0xc0000135). Clic “OK” to stop the application”
    I’m using WinXP through a VM (I use a mac… sig)
    If you have any idea, feel free to share :p

Great app though !

11. Robbie

How do i get it to work? Do i just download and open the d3recount.exe and then i’m on my way? I went into a dungeon and had recount open but no numbers showing up.

• azgul

Did you run the program after you loaded D3 up?

If that doesn’t work, make sure that you have .NET 4.5 installed.

• nirv

Nothing changed on my end and the program no longer works. It was working fine exactly 17 hours ago when I was streaming on twitch (you can see it working fine in the video). Went to sleep, woke up, opened game, opened d3recount, didn’t work.

12. azgul

It appears that Blizzard chose to intentionally break it in the server maintenance. The DPS attribute of a player is no longer updated by the server.

13. kevin

so no longer dpsrecount??

or there will be again?

14. kevin

sad to hear that ..!!!
    i hope there will be another way !
    thanks for the great job… im gonna wait

15. Ki

recount doesn’t work anymore….
    I tried many times to work recount but all failed.

I tried two way.

1. run diablo and then run recount.

2. run recount and then run diablo.

but all of cases, doesn’t work.

I can check just players name. but no damages on recount. just all zeros.