D3Recount Beta 14.6.3.0

Hi all,

I’ve been busy moving in with my girlfriend but I’ve also found time to do a bit of work on D3Recount.

Changelog:

– battletags instead of character names (note: as this is read from the portrait, it will still show character name for yourself in public as well as solo games)

– current dps column

– adjusted UI update time to make the program flicker less.

– darker theme

– improved overall stability

Should you have any feature requests or bug reports, please post a comment.

31 Responses to “D3Recount Beta 14.6.3.0”

1. Swarn

Hello,

i want to help you with your Stuff.

let me know if you need help to make your tool better.

( and obfuscate it, so no one can easy steal your code ).

• azgul

Hi. Thanks but no thanks. I’ll keep this project to myself. I’ve started to obfuscate the latest versions but I’m not really sure why. There’s not much to ‘steal’.

2. Eric

Hey, thanks for making the D3Recount! I just have a little request, since I only use OS X, I cannot run D3Recount as of right now. Do you have any plans for making Mac version of D3Recount?
    Thanks again.

• azgul

Hi Eric! I’m afraid that’s not possible since it is written natively for Windows. I’m sorry!

• Sven

Hey there! Using Mac as well and was able to get Recount running in Wine but without the tool counting damage or anything. I think it´s because the program is trying to read the memory where it´s not. Any workarounds you can think of?

Cheers…

• azgul

I don’t have access to a Mac and since it is based on Windows API, I very much doubt that you will get it working unless you start playing in a VM (with a Windows install).

3. bluecat

available min/max damage ? thx

• azgul

I need more details than that. Do you want to see max dps that someone did or what? Minimum doesn’t make sense in that case, as that would always be zero.

4. Raixor

Doesn’t work quite right in a group. Sometimes it shows my dps as the one from another groupmember and vise versa.

• azgul

Hi! Could you tell me some more details? Are all players in game? Does resetting fix it?

• Raixor

I only tested it with 3 and 4 players, not with 2. But it, I can now say, always happened that my name got changed up with someone elses DPS stats. I think it has something to do with who is the party leader. I was never the party leader in my testings.

And yes all 3 or 4 players where always ingame, and I always reset right after starting a new rift.

• Raixor

It might be worth adding that the problem doesn’t occur with the older version.

• azgul

Could you try this version ( ) to verify that what you’re seeing is indeed what is happening? It appends character name to the battletag. So if it works as intended you should see the appropriate character names to the right of the battletags. Please try this and see if it does indeed read out the incorrect battletags. Thanks.

• Raixor

Ok so with this version the character name is always the right one (showing the dps from the right char) but the Battletag is not at the correct character name.
            In further detail I have seen that just the character names and battletags of 2 players got swapped around, or all got assigned wrong (only testet in 4 player groups)

so it could be:
            bt 1 ch 2
            bt 2 ch 1
            bt 3 ch 3
            bt 4 ch 4

or

bt 1 ch 2
            bt 2 ch 4
            bt 3 ch 1
            bt 4 ch 3

bt=battletag ch = character name

5. alex

how can i see the dps while i’m ingame?

6. MyTrunks

Can you add an option to to always show on top? This might allow the program to float over full screen windowed mode. Thank you!

7. Peew

Any plans to make an option that it will overlay the Diablo window?

8. Pow

Hi, it doesn’t seem to be working. It launches, but doesn’t calculate the names, or damage (Solo/Multiplayer)

9. Rafael

Hey I’m just curious as to how the program calculates damage. I ran this with a similar program (TurboHUD) and the numbers did not match up. How does the program’s calculate in comparison to TurboHUD? Do you know?

10. Levi

I’ve tested it for one rift (single player) and it seems to work fine. Only one thing might be wrong: when i died, the current dps wasn’t 0 what i should be?! And one more question, do i risk a ban by using it?

• azgul

The DPS the servers calculates is what I suspect to be a rolling average over the last 5 seconds, so after you die (or even after you go out of combat), the DPS is going to roll towards 0 for those ~5 seconds. I only play Hardcore, so for good reasons I cannot check if this theory is true or not.

Risk ban? Sure – the risk is always there. But as of now no one has ever been banned, to my knowledge, from using memory reading tools. It’s your own risk, though. Personally I think Blizzard profits more from banning bots than from targeting something as harmless as this..

11. BlackMailer

Cool! Need to add copy to clipboard results, and correct resize of window

• azgul

I don’t think I’ll do clipboard results, but I might allow people to ‘post’ the results to D3. Due to the fact that I’ll rather work with an overlay than maintain the current GUI I don’t think I’ll spend time on correcting resize of the window.