Do you want to play Hardcore Monk like a Diablo 3 Rockstar? If so, keep on reading! This is the build and play style I have used on my Monks on my road to Paragon 1000. I find it to be the best Hardcore Monk Build. Using this build and the play style described below, I was able to hit Paragon 100 on my second Monk in just over 60 hours.
I will go by the skills one by one and explain my rationale behind every skill slot.
- Crippling Wave: Rising Tide main attack for insane spirit regen. Use Fist of Thunder: Quickening if you have less than 2.2 attacks per second.
- Dashing Strike: Quicksilver makes you move at warp speed. Use it instead of walking whenever possible. Use it to dodge Frozen and similar killer affixes. If you are moving while it “explodes”, it will not hit you. Also try playing around with the rooting effect that it has. It’s very useful to lock rare leaders in place as well as key wardens to allow your team mates to make quick work of them.
- Sweeping Wind: Inner Storm spirit regen ftw! Use Sweeping Wind: Cyclone if you have high dps (100k+)
- Serenity: Tranquility useful to save your friends from Frozen and similar dangers – as well as yourself if you fail with Dashing Strike .
- Cyclone Strike: Implosion pulls everything(!) to you. Use it as much as possible to group up the mobs for the group to kill. Preferably stand on top of the players while doing it, especially if they are Cloud of Bat Witch Doctors.
- Mantra of Conviction: Overawe is your priority skill after Cyclone Strike . Should be kept up at all times, especially on elite packs.
- Seize the Initiative for mitigation. Skip it for Exalted Soul or Chant of Resonance if you have the gear for it.
- Near Death Experience for safety Skip it for Exalted Soul or Chant of Resonance if you have the gear for it.
- One With Everything for mitigation. Skip it for Exalted Soul or Chant of Resonance if you have the gear for it.
Gear must haves
- As much spirit regen as possible – the more the better
- ~40+ CC
- 2.2++ attacks per second
- 1500++ life on hit (dps wont matter) OR 3+ life steal (needs 100k+ dps)
Gameplay at MP7
Should you have any questions, please leave a comment!